A long and lasting loveCorny? Melodramatic? The quote above is part of the lyrics of the song "A Long and Lasting Love".
Not many people find it
But those who do their whole life through
Put their heart and soul behind it
A long and lasting love
Don't we all seek a long-lasting relationship? We may not all be fortunate enough to find "the one" for us yet there are a lot others who found their partners for life... till death.
I know a few couples who are together for a very long time. Just recently, I witnessed a couple who celebrated their 50th anniversary! Imagine all those long years? Who wouldn't want a relationship that lasts that long or even longer?
That's everyone's heartfelt wish, don't you?
So, what's the secret to a long-lasting relationship, whether living together or a long distance? I don't claim to be the expert in this but here are my thoughts:
- Communication - I think this is the most important key to a lasting relationship, especially for those who are in a long distance relationship. There should be constant communication between partners whatever it is that they have in mind, whether it is about what they want or of what they don't.
- Say "I Love You" - as often as you can but only when you truly mean it. And when you felt it, do not hesitate to say it. Whisper 'I Love You' at bed time too!
- Write a poem or a letter - sometimes it is better to let our partners know how we feel through letters, especially when we hand-write it the old fashion way. It doesn't matter how bad your writing is (like my hand-writing). Also, spelling and grammar doesn't affect the sincerity of the content of your letter.
- Hold hands - whether in public or in the comfort of your home, while watching a television show.
- Compliment your partner - it makes him/her feel good when compliments come from you.
- Cuddle up and kiss - either when people are looking or not.
- Send love text messages, share private jokes and flirt with each other.
- Say sorry - whenever you think you've hurt your partner's feelings.
- Never go to bed without resolving an argument.
- Say goodnight with a kiss.
- Make love - need I say more?
What else do you think are important keys in a lasting relationship?
Please watch the video below entitled:
'Pag-ibig na Pangmatagalan'
and be inspired by 3 long-distance love stories. Don't forget to share as well.
Falling in love yet?